Management and Leadership Skills Training
When you need to develop the skills of your professionals, our tailored programmes will deliver the results you need for your organisation. They’re practical with individual action plans and deliver results for the commercial world your people are working in. And of course, our experience in the City tells us that you need this done flexibly, without fuss and consistently first-rate.
In 2012, 97% of our programme participants identified a suitable action plan to transfer their learning back to the workplace
All of our leadership skills programmes are tailored to your business, its priorities and its culture. Find out a more about some of our previous programmes below or contact us to discuss the solutions we can provide for you.
The solution we provide for your business will start with three factors: where you’re starting from, where you want to get to and the strategic context.
- The benefits of coaching
- Recognising and applying the styles available
- Practical tools and techniques to become an effective coach
- The “GROW” Model
- Powerful questioning
- REAL listening
- Developing an action plan
- Contracting for delegation
- The ten levels of delegation
- Practical skills and check-list
- Keeping track
- Getting back what you expected… or better
- Motivating others
- Problem solving and challenges
- Providing feedback for continuous improvement
We develop training for teams, to prepare for specific events or for professionals who want to be better at networking with those who can provide new work or referral opportunities to your business… now or in the future.
Networking is largely a practical skill so we take a fast-paced, practical and interactive approach on how to network without the need to get drunk!
- Preparation and the networking strategy
- Dealing with common concerns
- Joining and leaving groups and individuals
- Networking with a sense of purpose
- Gaining permission to stay in touch
- Following up without being pushy
- Those new to managing or with no formal training
- Those with some experience who want to maximise performance through people
- New and emerging leaders
- Leading for change and advanced strategic leadership
Our clients like the practical approach to our programmes, more concerned with what people do back at the office rather than just what they know.
Failure to manage others’ performance at best, leaves their potential to evaporate and at worst, creates an HR cluster bomb. Our programmes focus on conducting performance reviews with impact: How to get the best from others as well as managing under performance early and effectively.
- Why do appraisals?
- Preparation and planning
- Starting and structuring the meeting
- Giving balanced feedback
- Giving challenging feedback and difficult messages
- Setting objectives or boundaries
- Identifying development and training needs
- Listening skills
- Knowing when to involve others
Engaging personal impact is about adapting your style and behaviour so that your impact matches your intention. It’s not about faking-it or being gregarious. Our programmes are about how to “see ourselves as others see us” and adapt your communication style to leave an excellent impression and build client and peer relationships more effectively… whilst remaining authentic.
- Personal impact
- Non-verbal communication
- Instant rapport and connecting with people
- Getting your message across, even in difficult or challenging situations
- Influencing and persuading
- Asserting yourself with increased confidence
- Behavioural flexibility
- Maintaining impact back at the office
We know how to get teams working effectively, whether it’s new teams, teams that are derailing or high performing teams who want to continue to develop.
- Experienced facilitators for team action planning and team coaching
- Engaging and high energy team activities
- Innovative activities for team building with purpose
- Navigating teams through change
- Team action planning for delivering organisational values and strategy
- Where am I now and where am I heading?
- How and when to plan
- Maintaining vs progressing
- Managing your attitude
- Habits, good and bad
- Practical techniques for managing your schedule, environment and interractions
- Putting it all into practice
- The learning cycle
- Tapping into others’ learning styles
- Group dynamics and managing participants
- Delivering with impact
- Maintaining participants’ engagement